The Charter and County Code
The Montgomery County Code, Zoning Ordinance, and Code of Montgomery County Regulations (COMCOR), as well as published County Attorney Opinions, are available on the web site of American Legal Publishing. They can be accessed from any computer connected to the Internet and at all Montgomery County libraries via public Internet computers. In addition, the Montgomery County Code, Zoning Ordinance, and COMCOR are available at the Rockville Memorial Library in hard copy.
Effective April 2014, the Office of the County Attorney will no longer handle the sale of the County Code, Zoning Ordinance, and COMCOR. The contractor, American Legal Publishing, will provide this service. You may contact them at 1-800-445-5588 for all orders. You can view the Order Form (pdf).
Single copies of the County Charter are available for free by sending a self addressed, stamped, legal envelope to the Office of Public Information, 101 Monroe Street, 4th Floor, Rockville, MD 20850.
- County Charter
- Local Laws and Ordinances
- Special Taxing Area Laws and Regulations
- Council Rules of Procedure
- Board of License Commissioners Rules and Regulations
- Zoning Amendment Procedures
- Personnel Regulations
- Board of Appeals Rules of Procedure
- Human Relations Commission Regulations
- Landlord-Tenant Affairs Commission Regulations
- Board of Health Resolutions
Maryland Public Information Act
- ZONING ORDINANCE (click to enter) (Volume 4 of the County Code, Chapter 59)
Applicability of County Laws to Municipalities
You may also view the table that indicates which chapters of the County Code apply to the various municipalities within Montgomery County.