Important Notices and News
- Request for Reuse Proposals - Historic Germantown Bank Building
- Request for Development Proposals - Develop Montgomery County Service Park (CSP Jeremiah Park) - Deadline extended to July 15, 2014
- Developer Selected for 2nd District Police Station (Bethesda)
- Request for Proposal #1029325 – Viability and Need Assessments for Small Businesses Proximate to Planned County Redevelopment Projects – Solicitation closed 10/24/3013. Submissions are currently under review 3
- Revised Wheaton Façade Improvement Program Launched on 12/26/2013
The Office of Planning and Development is responsible for implementation and management of the County’s redevelopment projects. A key component of this effort is creating opportunities for Public-Private Partnerships that leverage County assets and facilitate initiatives.
OPD provides analysis and assessment of business vitality in areas targeted for County redevelopment initiatives and works with relevant County departments, public agencies and private-sector resource partners to develop strategic programs to enhance business sustainability.
OPD advises the County Executive and elected officials on planning and land use matters related to County land and the optimal use of County resources.
OPD’s principal activities are listed below. Click on each for additional information:
- Tracking and Monitoring of Master Plans, zoning and development
- Site selection for County facilities
- County-initiated redevelopment and revitalization efforts