3500 Olney-Laytonsville Road
Olney, MD 20832
Branch Manager: Joseph Eagan
Read about the Olney Library construction project.
View Larger Map
Ride On Bus 53
By Metro Red Line
From Shady Grove, Ride On Bus 55.
Olney Library will offer
- 24-hour book drop
- Computers for public use
- Photocopying/printing (no color) at $.15 per page
- Quiet study room and group study rooms
- Meeting rooms
- Early literacy workstation
- 3M E-Readers
- Go! Kits
At Longwood Community Center
19300 Georgia Avenue
Brookeville, MD 20833
To report problems, call 240-777-0016, or email us.
View Larger Map
|Monday||10 am - 9 pm|
|Tuesday||10 am - 9 pm|
|Wednesday||10 am - 9 pm|
|Thursday||10 am - 9 pm|
|Saturday||10 am - 5 pm|
What you will find at MCPL Express @ Olney
- Book Lending Kiosk: The machine holds 200 items, but only 15 can be displayed at one time. You can borrow only items that are displayed. A variety of titles including adult fiction and nonfiction, CD books, children’s fiction, picture books, and beginner reader books are displayed. Return books to this facility or to any MCPL branch.
- DVD Kiosk: The machine holds 700 DVDs, searchable by release date, genre, and title. All items in the machine can be borrowed. DVD's borrowed from the kiosk should be returned to the kiosk.
- Book Return: Items returned on or before their due date will not accrue fines. However, be aware that items returned to the MCPL Express @ Olney Book Return may not be cleared from your account for a few days. Please don't leave library materials outside the Book Return. If it is full or jammed, notify the Longwood Community Center staff. Never leave library materials outside the building.
Borrowing materials from the Book and DVD Kiosks
- Bring your MCPL library card. The machines must scan the card's barcode.
- For all items borrowed from the kiosks (books, CD books, and DVDs), the loan period is 21 days. Aside from that, all standard borrowing policies apply.