There are three types of employment opportunities with Montgomery County Recreation:
- Full and part time-career positions (includes County benefits);
- Seasonal temporary positions (does not include County benefits);
- Contract positions (independent contractor, no County benefits).
To apply for employment, please visit iRecruitment.
Montgomery County Recreation Open Purchase Order Plan enables the Department to contractually engage all qualified and responsible professional service contractors on a continuing basis who are willing to provide training and instructions to paid participants of County-sponsored recreational, sports activities and other programs in accordance with the specific terms and conditions as set forth herein and subject to the approvals of the County Attorney and the Contract Review Committee.
For a program application to submit for contract services, call 240-777-6870.
Para la información en el Español, la llamada 240-777-6839.
Now hiring part time staff!
Part-time temporary work is available at the indoor pools for lifeguards, instructors, cashiers and swim coaches. Training and certification is available. For more information, contact a facility supervisor at the indoor pool nearest you, or call the Aquatics Office at 240-777-6860.
Looking for a summer job that is packed with fun and excitement? Consider the Recreation Department's Summer Fun Center Program. Minimum age for staff is 16. We are looking for teachers, college students, and other who have experience with children or in the field of recreation. Applications are now being accepted.
Classes and Workshops are offered in pre-school, music, dance, exercise, wellness, personal development, arts, crafts, sports and special interest subjects for youth, teens, adults and individuals with disabilities. Applicants must be at least 21 years old and possess a degree or appropriate certification and/or extensive experience in the applicable field.
The Senior team is looking for part-time seasonal staff, we have the following openings.
- Neighborhood Senior Program Director: for Owen Park Senior Program (year round) The program meets Wednesday 10:00-2:00 p.m. at Owens Park (Park Building in Beallsville) This Job requires a mature person to plan & lead weekly activities, special events and programs for active senior. The director is responsible for arranging entertainers, guest speakers, health screening, fitness, exercise, producing a monthly newsletter, purchasing refreshments and supplies, leading craft activities etc. We are looking for someone with enthusiasm, good rapport with seniors, great communications skills and who is reliable with transportation. Hourly wages based on experience $12.732-$15.41/hour for 6 hours one day per week. Call Dianne at 240-777-4924.
- Program Assistant for Holiday Park Senior Center: A program assistant is needed three days a week (approximately 5 hours/day) to assist with program facilitation and planning. Knowledge of community resources, an ability to seek out interesting and creative ideas, and a knack to follow through from through from idea to implementation is helpful. The successful candidate must have the personality to interact well with older adults in a busy setting, be flexible and poses good computer skills. The year round position can be flexible within 8:30-4:40pm time slot. Call Carol at 240-777-4966.
- Substitute Senior Neighborhood Program Director: We are looking for substitutes to fill in for our directors. (We have programs in Potomac, Beallsville, Cabin John, Olney, Sandy Springs, Germantown & more) Substitutes must have enthusiasm, good rapport with seniors, great communication skills, reliable with transportation. Must be able to run a variety of programs and be available on a temporary basis during the day. Programs run 10a.m. - 2p.m. Pay up to $15.41 base on experience. Call Dianne at 240-777-4924.
- Substitute Staff for Therapeutic Swim program and aerobics programs. These programs run on different week nights at different locations (MLK, MAC, Germantown, Bauer, and Wheaton). S-1 – S-6 depending on experience. $5.350-$ 12.732/hour. Call Matt at 240-777-6895 or Angela at 240-777-6878.
- Therapeutic Staff for Adult Swim Program at MAC: Thursday Evening 8:00-9:30 p.m. S-4 $8.77/hour, two hours per week. Staff will assist TR participants in swimming skills and activities. This is a fun and rewarding program and a great way to get experience working with people with disabilities. No personal care is provided (bathroom assistance) to the participants. Call Matt at 240-777-6895.
Applicants must submit a completed Instructor Application Information Sheet, a professional resume, Program Proposal Form and a syllabus for the proposed class. For exercise instructor applicants, a video demonstrating your program is desirable.