- All County Government Inquiries and Service Requests
- Animals & Pets
- Cable Television Providers
- Other Community Cable Programming
- Churches, Mosques and Synagogues
- Civic and Homeowners' Assc.
- Ethnic News Media
- Fast Facts
- Get Involved
- History & Government
- Immigrant and Minority Population Resources
- Mass Transit
- Municipalities & Communities
- Places of Interest
- Postal Service
- Refuse and Recycling
- Tag, Title, Registration & Driver's Licence
All County Government Inquiries and Service Requests – top
- To access Montgomery County information and services, call 311 (240-777-0311 if outside the county; TTY: 301-251-4850). Customers can also access information and create or track service requests on the website.
Animals & Pets – top
Montgomery County Animal Services and Adoption Center (ASAC)
Operated by the Animal Services Division of the Montgomery County Police Department
7315 Muncaster Mill Rd., Derwood, MD 20855
For ASAC information, pet licensing, rabies vaccinations & adoptions see:
- To report an animal related emergency call 9-1-1
- To report an animal-related non-emergency call 301-279-3000
- Animal concerns within the City of Gaithersburg
Gaithersburg Animal Control 301-258-6343 or
email at email@example.com
- Animal concerns within the City of Rockville
Rockville City Animal Control 240-314-8937
24-hour dispatch for animal concerns at 240-314-8900
- Wildlife Nuisance Problems (birds in attic, groundhogs under porches, etc.)
USDA Wildlife Service Line 1-877-463-6497
- To report a dead deer along the roadway, call 3-1-1 or 240-773-0311 (from a cell phone)
Business – top
Cable Television Providers – top
Verizon are the providers of cable television services (including high speed internet) in the county. You can choose depending on where you live in the county.
- Comcast1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278)
- RCN1-800-RING-RCN (1-800-746-4726)
- Verizon 888-553-1555
- County Cable Montgomery 240-777-3668 The local cable channel for live traffic reports, local government news and public affairs programming. Live County Council sessions and press conferences of the County Executive. Accurate information on road conditions, power outages, water main breaks, school closings, bus and rail delays and program cancellations during times of emergency. Produced by Montgomery County Government. County Cable is on channel 6 for Comcast and RCN subscribers; channel 30 for Verizon FiOS customers.
- County Cable Office 311 (240-777-0311 if calling from outside the county) The Office of Cable Communications (Cable Office) is part of the Department of Technology Services. The office administers cable television franchise agreements for the County and participating municipalities, and resolves cable television related issues; County government staff contacts, complaint resolution process, rates and programming, PEG (Public, Education, Government) channels, telecommunication towers, FAQs about free residential connections.
Other Community Cable Programming – top
- PEG Network (Public, Education and Government) is a collaborative network of local access channel operators
- Public Information
- Access Montgomery (Montgomery Communiy Television) 301-424-1730
- Comcast, RCN and Verizon FiOS - channel 19 & 21
- Access Montgomery (Montgomery Communiy Television) 301-424-1730
Montgomery College Channel 240-567-7160
- Comcast, RCN and Verizon FiOS - channel 10
Montgomery County Public Schools 301-279-3141
- Comcast - channels 34
- RCN - channels 89
- Verizon FiOS - channels 36
UMUC-TV (Univ. of MD, Univ. College) 301-985-7920
- Comcast & RCN - channel 18
- Verizon FiOS - channel 37
UMTV (Univ. of MD Channel 301-405-3610
- Comcast & RCN - channel 2
- Verizon FiOS - channel 40
- Montgomery College Channel 240-567-7160
- Government Information
County Cable Montgomery (County Government) 240-777-3668
- Comcast & RCN - channel 6
- Verizon FiOS - channel 30
- Montgomery Municipal Channel 301-942-6276
- Comcast, RCN and Verizon FiOS - channel 16
The Rockville Channel 240-314-5000
- Comcast, RCN and Verizon FiOS - channel 11
Takoma Park Television 301-891-7100
- Comcast and RCN - channel 13
- Verizon FiOS - 28
- County Cable Montgomery (County Government) 240-777-3668
Churches, Mosques and Synagogues – top
Locate a place of worship near you.
For help with using the map viewer, click on the question mark icon at the top of the page.
Municipalities and Communities – top
Every city, town, village, and community in Montgomery County is unique, although many share similar characteristics.
Civic and Homeowners Associations – top
Civic Association and Homeowners Association List provides contact information for civic and homeowner associations in the county. Free on a walk-in basis for viewing. Fee charged for copies. Published by M-NCPPC, Montgomery County Planning Board, Community Relations Office 301-495-4603
For questions about Homeowners Associations in the County call the Montgomery County Government Office of Consumer Protection, Licensing and Registration Section 240-777-3799.
Ethnic News Media – top
- African American News Media
- Montgomery Times (irregular) 301-654-2101
- Metro Herald (weekly) 703-548-8891
- Afro-American Newspaper (weekly) 202-332-0080
- WHUR (Howard University 96.3 FM) 202-806-3500
- Asian News Media
- The Asian Fortune 703-753-8295
- China Times Weekly 202-662-7570
- Washington China Post 301-309-1481
- The Korean Times 703-941-8001
- Little Saigon News 301-871-2328
- World Today Television 301-738-8777
- Hispanic News Media
Fast Facts – top
Montgomery County Planning Department (M-NCPPC) Find detailed information as well as a big picture look at what's happening in your area.
- Montgomery at a Glance: Major demographic/economic facts.
- Demographic Data (population, households and incomes),
Get Involved – top
- Serve on Boards, Committees and Commissions 240-777-2528
- Participate in County Council issues 240-777-7900 TTY (for the hearing impaired) 240-777-7914
- Volunteer Opportunities in the Community 240-777-2600
History and Government – top
- " Our History & Government" (PDF) - Facts & figures dating back to 1700s.
Immigrant and Minority Population Resources – top
- Gilchrist Center for Cultural Diversity 240-777-4940 The Center provides activities and services to the County's diverse community and functions as a central point of contact to County and other community services.
Mass Transit – top
- Locate a METRO OR MARC TRAIN STATION near you.
- Metro - Safe, clean, reliable bus and rail transit service to Washington, DC and the neighboring Maryland and Virginia communities.202-637-7000, TTY 202-638-3780
- Ride On – The Montgomery County Bus System. For information 311 (Outside Montgomery County, 240-777-0311), TTY: 240-773-3556.
- Transit Services for Persons with Disabilities – The application process and determination of eligibility is handled by WMATA for the regional system. For more information, please contact the Regional MetroAccess Office202-562-5360, TTY 202-588-7835.
Newspapers – top
- Gazette 301-670-2565
Places of Interest – top
- Conference and Visitors Bureau of Montgomery County
- Heritage Montgomery
- Montgomery County Historical Society 301-340-2825
- Places of Interest - Use the map viewer to locate places of interest in the county. For help with using the map viewer, click on the question mark icon at the top of the page.
Postal Services – top
Radio (News/Talk) – top
- WAMU: 88.5 FM; HD88.5-1, Tel: 202-885-1200
- WMAL: 105.9 FM; 630 AM, Tel: 202-686-3100
- WOL: 1450 AM, Tel: 301-306-1111
- WTOP: 103.5 FM; 1500 AM, Tel: 202-895-5000
- WRC: 1260 AM 103.5 FM 703-807-2266
Refuse and Recycling – top
Trash pickup and recycling including what to do with your moving boxes and unwanted chemicals and paint. information in Montgomery County311 (If calling from outside the county, 240-777-0311), TTY: 240-773-3556.
Also see additional information on what to do with moving boxes and chemicals and paints.
If you live within city or town limits, your recycling and refuse programs may vary from the County's programs.
Schools – top
- Locate a Public School near you.
Montgomery County Public Schools (English and Español) 301-309-MCPS (6277)
- To enroll a student, call the school in your area. If you are unsure in which school to enroll, call the Boundaries Office at 240-314-4710.
- If you are enrolling a child for the first time, bring the child's birth certificate, immunization records, Social Security number and proof of county residency. Students who have attended elsewhere should bring the latest report card from their previous school.
- Montgomery County Board of Education 301-279-3617 The elected educational policy-making body in the county.
Montgomery College -- Germantown, Rockville and Takoma Park Campuses Admissions & Registration 240-567-5000
- Germantown 240-567-7000
- Rockville 240-567-5000
- Takoma Park/Silver Spring 240-567-1300
- Non-Public Schools -- The official listing of nonpublic schools that hold a Certificate of Approval from the Maryland State Board of Education.
- Johns Hopkins (The Montgomery County Center) 301-294-7000 More than 40 part-time graduate professional degrees and certificates; evening and weekend classes, labs, and a full-service library.
- University of Maryland at Shady Grove 301-738-6000 A University System of Maryland USM-facility.
- Maryland State Department of Education -- Information regarding education in Maryland.
Sightseeing/Tourism/Local Interest – top
- Heritage Montgomery
- Montgomery County Conference and Visitors Bureau
- Montgomery County Historical Society
Tags, Title, Registration & Driver's License – top
- Motor Vehicle Information (Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration) To speak to a live operator, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., weekdays 1-800-950-1MVA (1-800-950-1682)
- MVA out of state phone number is 301-729-4550
- Customer assistance for the hearing impaired 1-800-492-4575
- Vehicle Emissions Inspection Program 1-800-638-8347
Taxes – top
- Assessments & Taxation State of Maryland 888-246-5941
- Property Assessments Information 240-314-4510 (Commercial 240-301-4530)
- Real & Personal Property Taxes in Montgomery County 240-777-8950
Utilities – top
Utility Deregulation: You may obtain a complete list of utility companies from the Maryland Public Service Commission’s utility listing.
- Washington Gas customer service
- You now have the option of buying natural gas from natural gas suppliers.
- Residential and business consumers have choices for local service. You may obtain a complete list of these companies from the Maryland Public Service Commission’s utility listing.
- Water and Sewer Service
Voting – top
- Board of Elections Voter registration information, election district maps, polling places, election results, and list of elected officials.