Winter weather brings the potential of dangerous road conditions, freezing temperatures, and loss of power.
- A Winter Weather Advisory means cold, ice, and snow are expected.
- A Winter Storm Watch means severe weather is possible in the next 24 - 48 hours.
- A Winter Storm Warning means severe weather conditions have begun or will begin soon.
Before the storm:
- Make sure your emergency kit is stocked.
- Ensure you have an emergency kit in your car.
- Make sure your car's fuel tank is full.
During the storm:
- Stay indoors and only travel if absolutely necessary.
- If you must go outside, dress in layers and walk carefully on snowy or icy walkways.
- Maintain ventilation if using kerosene heaters or a generator. Refill heaters outside and keep them at least three feet from flammable objects.
For more information on winter storms visit Ready.gov