Skip to main content
LATEST NEWS & ALERTS:
- NOTE: THIS WEB SITE IS BEST VIEWED VIA MOZILLA FIREFOX, CHROME OR SAFARI (NOT INTERNET EXPLORER)
- 4-7-16 Montgomery County Sentinel: The strung out bridges of Montgomery County... And what makes them the worst in the area -- Elmhirst Parkway over tributary to Rock Creek, Bethesda (located near the intersection with Cedar Lane)
- 4-21-16 NSA Bethesda/Walter Reed NMMC Journal: WRNMMC Town Hall: Leaders Discuss Strategic Plan, Construction
- 4-7-16 Montgomery County Dept. of Transportation: MDOT and MCDOT to Hold MD355 Bus Rapid Transit Corridor Planning Study Open Houses, April 28 and May 3
- NEXT PUBLIC MEETING OF THE COUNTY'S BRAC INTEGRATION COMMITTEE (BIC): TUESDAY. MAY 17, 2016 7:00 PM
- Location: Bethesda-Chevy Chase Regional Services Center, 4805 Edgemoor Lane, Bethesda MD 20814
- NOTE: Please contact the County's BRAC Coordinator whenever you have specific issues with BRAC-related construction.
- 2016 BIC meetings (tentative): May 17, Sept. 20, Dec. 20.
- SHA CONTACT FORMS REGARDING:
- 3-24-16 Bethesda Magazine: Purple Line-Related Utility Work To Begin in April in Downtown Bethesda -- Washington Gas must replace a gas line before construction of the Bethesda Metro Station South Entrance
- 10-8-15 Montgomery County Planning Board re: Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Limited
- Request to reconfigure an existing Category I forest conservation easement in response to BRAC improvements, located in the southwest quadrant of the intersection with Connecticut Avenue and Jones Bridge Road; Chevy Chase Lake Sector Plan -- UPDATE: REQUEST APPROVED
- 8-26-15 Maryland State Highway Administration (SHA): Overnight Work August 26 from 7 PM to 5 AM -- SHA Shifts Lanes on Westbound Cedar Lane in Bethesda. Current traffic pattern of one through lane on westbound Cedar Lane from Elmhirst Parkway to MD 355 will be replaced with a new traffic pattern of two through lanes on westbound Cedar Lane from Elmhirst Parkway to MD 355.
- 8-5-15 Maryland State Highway Administration (SHA): Temporary Lane Closure for Sidewalk Construction Begins Thursday, August 6, on Westbound West Cedar Lane at Old Georgetown Road in Bethesda
- 8-12-15 Washington Post: Dr. Gridlock -- What’s new with summer road work in Maryland
- 1-8-15 Montgomery County Government: MCDOT Issues Request for Proposals to Two Finalists for MD 355/Rockville Pike Crossing Project at Medical Center Metro Station; Project Expected to Improve Traffic Flow and Promote Pedestrian Safety along Congested Corridor
- 7-10-14 County Planning Board Completes approval process for BRAC-related project to extend Platt Ridge Drive from Jones Bridge Rd to Montrose Drive
- 1-14-16 Bethesda Magazine: In Reversal, National Institutes of Health Decides to Cap Number of Parking Spots on Bethesda Campus -- After outcry from local elected officials, federal agency says it won’t add more parking spots despite addition of up to 3,000 employees
- 12-11-15 Fort Detrick Standard: Restoration Efforts at Forest Glen Lead Discussion -- For more information on this topic, Fort Detrick will hold the next Forest Glen Annex Restoration Advisory Board Meeting Dec. 16 at 6:30 p.m. at the Armed Forces Pest Management Board conference room, Building 172.
- 10-8-15 Government Executive: Intel Community Opens Campus in Suburban Maryland -- Some 3,000 employees of the 17-agency intelligence community have begun switching their commute to report to a “state-of-the-art” campus that opened on Wednesday in Bethesda, Md
- Latest information on construction projects and traffic impacts
- 8-30-13 Montgomery County Dept. of Transportation: Bikeshare Coming Soon to Montgomery County -- Memberships Now Available
- 6-27-13 Montgomery County Dept. of Transportation: Metro Update: Red Line maintenance now available for several months in advance
- 11-1-11 Leggett Praises $90 Million Federal Funding For Transit, Road & Pedestrian Improvements In Bethesda
- 7-12-11 WTOP 103.5 FM: Montgomery Co. works to ease BRAC gridlock
Twitter for Montgomery County BRAC