Skip to main content
LATEST NEWS & ALERTS:
- NOTE: THIS WEB SITE IS BEST VIEWED VIA MOZILLA FIREFOX, CHROME OR SAFARI (NOT INTERNET EXPLORER)
- 2-4-16 NSA Bethesda/Walter Reed NMMC Journal: FIRST TWO WEEKS IN FEBRUARY -- NSAB Conducts Solid Curtain-Citadel Shield Training -- “Most of the exercises should not impact operations for the base – at least not in a large scale – the base isn’t just going to get shut down one day out of the blue like that,” he said. “If there is an exercise going on at an entry control point, it might take a little bit longer to get through.”
- NEXT PUBLIC MEETING OF THE COUNTY'S BRAC INTEGRATION COMMITTEE (BIC): TUESDAY. MAY 17, 2016 7:00 PM
- Location: Bethesda-Chevy Chase Regional Services Center, 4805 Edgemoor Lane, Bethesda MD 20814
- NOTE: Please contact the County's BRAC Coordinator whenever you have specific issues with BRAC-related construction.
- 2016 BIC meetings (tentative): May 17, Sept. 20, Dec. 20.
- SHA CONTACT FORMS REGARDING:
- 10-8-15 Montgomery County Planning Board re: Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Limited
Preliminary Plan Amendment No. 12002096B, LSC Zone, 36.40 acres
- Request to reconfigure an existing Category I forest conservation easement in response to BRAC improvements, located in the southwest quadrant of the intersection with Connecticut Avenue and Jones Bridge Road; Chevy Chase Lake Sector Plan -- UPDATE: REQUEST APPROVED
- 8-26-15 Maryland State Highway Administration (SHA): Overnight Work August 26 from 7 PM to 5 AM -- SHA Shifts Lanes on Westbound Cedar Lane in Bethesda. Current traffic pattern of one through lane on westbound Cedar Lane from Elmhirst Parkway to MD 355 will be replaced with a new traffic pattern of two through lanes on westbound Cedar Lane from Elmhirst Parkway to MD 355.
- 8-5-15 Maryland State Highway Administration (SHA): Temporary Lane Closure for Sidewalk Construction Begins Thursday, August 6, on Westbound West Cedar Lane at Old Georgetown Road in Bethesda
- 8-12-15 Washington Post: Dr. Gridlock -- What’s new with summer road work in Maryland
- 7-30-15 NSAB/WRNMMC Journal: Naval Support Activity Bethesda (NSAB) Announces Construction of New Parking Garage
- 1-8-15 Montgomery County Government: MCDOT Issues Request for Proposals to Two Finalists for MD 355/Rockville Pike Crossing Project at Medical Center Metro Station; Project Expected to Improve Traffic Flow and Promote Pedestrian Safety along Congested Corridor
- 7-10-14 County Planning Board Completes approval process for BRAC-related project to extend Platt Ridge Drive from Jones Bridge Rd to Montrose Drive
- 1-14-16 Bethesda Magazine: In Reversal, National Institutes of Health Decides to Cap Number of Parking Spots on Bethesda Campus -- After outcry from local elected officials, federal agency says it won’t add more parking spots despite addition of up to 3,000 employees
- 12-11-15 Fort Detrick Standard: Restoration Efforts at Forest Glen Lead Discussion -- For more information on this topic, Fort Detrick will hold the next Forest Glen Annex Restoration Advisory Board Meeting Dec. 16 at 6:30 p.m. at the Armed Forces Pest Management Board conference room, Building 172.
- 10-8-15 Government Executive: Intel Community Opens Campus in Suburban Maryland -- Some 3,000 employees of the 17-agency intelligence community have begun switching their commute to report to a “state-of-the-art” campus that opened on Wednesday in Bethesda, Md
- Latest information on construction projects and traffic impacts
- 8-30-13 Montgomery County Dept. of Transportation: Bikeshare Coming Soon to Montgomery County -- Memberships Now Available
- 6-27-13 Montgomery County Dept. of Transportation: Metro Update: Red Line maintenance now available for several months in advance
- 11-1-11 Leggett Praises $90 Million Federal Funding For Transit, Road & Pedestrian Improvements In Bethesda
- 7-12-11 WTOP 103.5 FM: Montgomery Co. works to ease BRAC gridlock
Twitter for Montgomery County BRAC