Requesting an Interpreter

If you or your client have limited English skills, the Circuit Court provides free trained interpreters for court proceedings and other services in the courthouse.

To request an interpreter: download, complete, and send the Request for Spoken Language Interpreter.

NOTE: The form must be received at least 2 weeks before your court date.

Signed requests may be submitted:

  • By mail to the Office of the Clerk of the Court (50 Maryland Ave, North Tower, Rm 3200)
  • In person to either the Family, Criminal, Civil, or Juvenile Departments within the Circuit Court

If you need to cancel your interpreter request, contact the Clerk of the Court's Office immediately by phone at 240-777-9467, or fax a note about why the request is no longer needed to 240-777-9468.

Circuit Court Events for which an Interpreter May Be Assigned

The Montgomery County Circuit Court is authorized to assign court interpreters for any of the following court-ordered and court-offered services:

  • Intake Interviews with custody evaluation and mediations
  • Child support, child custody, and visitation mediations
  • Intensive services mediations
  • Marital Property Mediations
  • Settlement/Scheduling Conferences
  • Supervised Visitation Center appointments
  • Family support programs
  • Co-parenting classes
  • Custody investigations (home studies)
  • For court-appointed attorneys in custody cases
  • Mental/psychological evaluations by court-appointed providers

Finger pressing on globe with several translations of hello

View a video  and learn more about interpretation services offered in all Maryland Courts

Take a survey

Help us improve language services in the Maryland courts. Take a survey by visiting :

  • Español (Spanish): yúdenos a mejorar los servicios de idiomas en los tribunales de Maryland. Realice una encuesta visitando:
  • français (French): Aidez-nous à améliorer les services linguistiques dans les tribunaux du Maryland. Participez à un sondage en visitant:
  • русский (Russian): Помогите нам улучшить языковые услуги в судах штата Мэриленд. Примите участие в опросе, посетив:
  • 한국어 (Korean): 메릴랜드 주 법원의 통역 서비스를 향상시키기 위해 여러분들의 도움을 요청합니다. 아래 사이트로 접속하셔서 설문조사에 꼭 참여해주세요:
  • 中文 (Chinese)帮助我们改善马里兰州法院的语言服务。 由此参加问卷调查:
  • Best Interest Attorneys in CINA (child in need of assistance) and TPR (termination of parental rights) cases
  • CINA and TPR Mediations
  • Juvenile Family Recovery Program sessions (interpreters for parents)
  • Mental/psychological evaluations by court-appointed providers
Civil Non-Domestic
  • ADR/Mediations conducted by court-appointed mediators
  • Mental/Psychological Evaluations by court-appointed providers
Services Offered by the Court
  • Assistance at Clerk’s Office, at the counter, and information desks
  • Free-of-charge events conducted by the courts to assist the public to access court services (workshops, walk-in clinics, Self-Help Centers, etc)

Not Seeing What You Are Looking For? Need Some Help?

Our FAQs
Give Us
a Call