One-Day Special Licenses

Any not-for-profit club, society, or association holding a bona fide event may apply for a Class C One Day Special License to serve or sell alcoholic beverages.
Please submit applications 14 days in advance of the event. Fee is $30 per day for beer and wine, and $60 per day for beer, wine and liquor.

A license is required anytime the cost of a ticket includes (1) the price of alcoholic beverage, (2) there is a cash bar, or (3) a donation for attendance at the event is solicited or required. Basically, anytime there is a fee associated with an event.


What are the restrictions for special events under COVID-19? Can I obtain a One-Day Special license under these restrictions?

Under the County Board of Health Regulation, a Letter of Approval from the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is required for an activity to occur.

Outdoor gatherings are limited to a maximum of 50 people. Indoor gatherings are limited to a maximum of 25 people. 

To request a Letter of Approval or clarification on whether you can hold an event visit:

You must obtain a Letter of Approval from HHS prior to requesting a One-Day Special license. Please note that processing times for the Letter of Approval and the One-Day Special license can take up to two weeks.


Questions? Call 240-777-1999.

Class C One Day Special License Application - New Application to Serve You Better


Apply Online New

Rules & Regulations for Class C One Day Special License

Beer and Wine Festival Application Fees
  • $30 for applicant
  • $30 a day for vendors
    Make checks payable to Montgomery County, Maryland
    All major credit cards accepted

All Applications must be submitted at least 14 days prior to event.

Legislation passed this year allowing a Maryland State Winery to sell product at a Montgomery County Farmer’s Market twelve times per year.
The Wineries are licensed by the State Comptroller’s Office.

Please note a representative from the winery must be trained in a state approved server training program.
State Approved Server Training programs

In addition...
  1. You are required to notify the local licensing board of the jurisdiction in which the Farmer's Market will be held that the Farmer's Market Permit has been issued.
  2. Only one permit may be issued at any one time to a farmer's market.
Agriculture Farmer Market's Legislation

Submit application to address below.

Maryland Comptroller's Office
Revenue Administration Division
P.O. Box 2999
Annapolis, MD 21404

Best Practices and Policies Security Plans
  • A security plan is required for all outdoor events and any other event expecting 300 or more attendees.
    The security plan should include food menu and security patrol/officers if necessary.
  • Sample Security Plan
Alcohol Plan
  • All events are required to have an alcohol service plan that includes policies relating to under-21 alcohol use prevention and responsbile sales.