Pedestrian Road Safety Audit Program
Montgomery County’s Pedestrian Road Safety Audit (PRSA) Program, which began in 2008, is a key strategy of County Executive Isiah Leggett’s Pedestrian Safety Initiative. The audits are an important piece of MCDOT’s pedestrian safety strategy, which includes a combination of engineering, education, and enforcement. The audits, which are based on the Federal Highway Administration’s (FHWA’s) guidelines, use a data-driven approach to identify safety issues at the County’s High Incidence Areas (HIAs) – areas identified as having the highest rates of pedestrian-related crashes.
To date, the Montgomery County Department of Transportation (MCDOT), in coordination with the Maryland State Highway Administration (SHA) has conducted nine audits, shown in the interactive map below. To learn more about individual audits, click the PRSA PROGRAM DETAILS button.
View Pedestrian Road Safety Audit Program in a larger map
- Colesville Rd (Fenton to N. Noyes)
- Connecticut Ave (Georgia to Independence)
- East Gude Dr (Southlawn Ln to Calhoun Dr)
- Fenton Street (Cameron St to Wayne Ave)
- Four Corners (Silver Spring)
- Georgia Ave (Spring to Sligo)
- Georgia Ave & Randolph Rd (Interchange)
- Old Georgetown Rd (Cordell Ave to Wisconsin Ave)
- Piney Branch Rd (Flower to PG County Line)
- Randolph Rd (Colie to Selfridge)
- Reedie Dr (Viers Mill to Georgia)
- Rockville Pk (Hubbard to Halpine)
- Wisconsin Ave (Leland to Montgomery)
For any MCDOT service request or complaint, call 311
When dialing outside of the county, call 240-777-0311 or submit via their website.
For website comments or to report website problems or broken links, please email us. This email address does not handle service requests or complaints.
Edison Park Office · Montgomery County Department of Transportation
100 Edison Park, 4th Floor · Gaithersburg, Maryland 20878 · firstname.lastname@example.org
· telephone: 240-777-7170 · fax: 240-777-7178 ·