Food and Facilities Licensing

Licensing Services - Special Food Service Facility (Temporary Event)

Who must apply for a temporary event license?
Anyone who plans to sell or give away food at a temporary event must first obtain a Montgomery County Food Service Facility License. The only exception to the law is the sale of fresh produce or live crustaceans.

What is a temporary event?
A temporary event is an event at a fixed location not exceeding 14 days where either a mobile, permanent, or temporary structure is used to prepare, serve, or sell food or drink.

When must one apply for a temporary event license?
A license must be obtained prior to operating. The application must be submitted at least three working days before the scheduled start of the event. A fee will be charged for applications filed less than three working days prior to the event.

How does one apply for a temporary event license?
Applications and information on the requirements are available for download below

Download the Application:

For organizations applying as a non-profit (501c, 504c, 507c or 510c)

Is there a fee?
Please see the fee schedule for any fees that apply.

What is the process for applying for a Temporary Event License?

  • Submit the application, attachments, and appropriate fee at least two working days prior to the event.
  • Incomplete applications will be returned to the applicant.
  • The application and attachments will be reviewed. An inspection will beĀ  conducted, if warranted, at the event prior to operating.
  • The license will be mailed to the applicant or issued at the time of the inspection.

Call Licensure & Regulatory Services with questions during regular working hours (Monday through Friday) 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., 240-777-3986.