interior alteration of commerical space or tenant fitout

A commercial interior alteration building permit is required for all work occurring inside an existing building or to an existing structure that does not affect the land on which it sits. Often these are known as “tenant fit-outs” or “interior renovations”, but may include other work such as window replacement or the installation or relocation of systems furniture. This permit type may be combined with other permit processes such as New Commercial Construction and Additions.

DPS is no longer accepting paper permit applications or plans. Information must be submitted using our eServices programs. For assistance with eServices, email [email protected].


Pay Outstanding Fees

How it Works

Fee Schedule

Pay Online


Inspection/Final Approval

How it Works

Inspection Requests

Find My Inspector